· Mobilize African Rotarians in developing service projects that address community needs and motivate them to include “hands on” participation in these projects.
· Build awareness among Rotarians in developed countries on the compelling needs of the continent and motivate them in deploying resources to address these needs.
· Develop partnerships among Rotary clubs in Africa, Rotary clubs in other countries, and international organizations interested in humanitarian service. To include a special advocacy role for countries that share a language or close ties with Africa.
· Provide guidance on Rotary International and Foundation programs to Rotary clubs in Africa, especially as a resource for service projects and partnering with clubs in other countries.
· Facilitate communication and better understanding among Rotarians of different nations, religions, beliefs, cultures and communities as they work together.
· Involve youth and the Family of Rotary in the Reach Out to Africa Initiative to build bridges of understanding.
· Promote Rotary values and increase membership in Africa.
· Improve communication and the image of Rotary in Africa.
|Rotary’s six areas of focus
for projects and activities are:
· Peace and conflict prevention/resolution
· Disease prevention and treatment
· Water and sanitation
· Maternal and child health
· Basic education and literacy
· Economic and community development
WATER AND SANITATION
is adopted as the
CONTINENT-WIDE SIGNATURE PROJECT
by the District Leaders of the Continent
at the 2011 Zone 20B Institute in